|Speaker Type||Fibre Cone Subwoofer|
|Impedance||2 + 2 ohms|
|Power Handling (RMS)||1000 W|
|Frequency Response||19 – 500 Hz|
|Voice Coil Diameter||76mm|
Dayton Audio UM18-22 18″ Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohms Per Coil
If you want outrageous amounts of bass, you gotta move some air
With the UM18-22 Ultimax 18″ driver, Dayton Audio has taken everything about the respected Dayton Audio Ultimax subwoofers to the extreme! Providing over 2″ of peak-to-peak excursion, the Ultimax 18 sweeps over six liters of air with each stroke! Truly not for the faint of heart!
An audio bulldozer with the finesse of a sports car
Like the rest of the Ultimax series, the UM18-22 plays it clean, low, fast, and LOUD. Designed to excel in either sealed or vented enclosures, it features an ultra-powerful triple stack of high-grade ferrite ceramic magnets for ultra-high force and exceptional control, plus dual aluminum shorting rings above and below the magnetic gap for minimized inductance, « faster »-sounding bass response, and perfect magnetic symmetry. The voice coil diameter has been increased to 3 inches, for even more thermal dissipation area that allows the 18″ model to withstand 1,000 watts of punishing bass power continuously without thermal fatigue. Dual 2-ohm voice coils allow for stereo 2 ohm operation, or mono operation in 1 ohm or 4 ohm configurations, for true design flexibility.
Built to produce massive low frequency output and keep on doing it
The huge 18″ Nomex honeycomb composite curved cone features woven fiberglass outer skins for the ultimate in rigidity and resistance to damage, while the « tall-boy » rubber surround with integral gasket supports extreme stroke with linearity and durability. Dual 8″ spiders are mirror-imaged, to keep the 2″ of excursion completely linear and provide cancellation of distortion due to compliance asymmetry, for ultra-low mechanical distortion even at the outer limits of travel. And it’s all held in perfect alignment by a rigid cast aluminium 12-spoke frame, for stability in any mounting position.
Car audio recommended alignments:
• Sealed 3 cubic ft. (net internal, not including driver) for an f3 of 32 Hz with a Qtc of .78
• Vented 4 cubic ft. (net internal, not including driver or vent ) tuned to 22 Hz, with 2 flared vents 4″ diameter by 32″ long, for an f3 of 24 Hz
Home theater/stereo recommended alignments
• Sealed (home theater/music): 4 cubic ft. (net internal, not including driver) for an f3 of 31 Hz, f10 of 18 Hz with a Qtc of 0.72
• Sealed (music): 7 cubic ft. (net internal, not including driver) for an f3 of 31 Hz, f10 of 15.8 Hz with a Qtc of 0.62
• Vented (home theater): 8 cubic ft. (net internal, not including driver or vent) tuned to 20 Hz, with 3 flared vents 4″ diameter by 28.5″ long, for an f3 of 18 Hz
• Vented (infra-sub): 12 cubic ft. (net internal, not including driver or vent) tuned to 15.5 Hz, with 3 flared vents 4″ diameter by 32″ long, for an f3 of 15 Hz
• Infinite Baffle: Approved
Note: All specifications are derived with voice coils wired in series.