Magnet System & Voice Coil Design Program
The FINEMotor program is based on 18000 FEA simulations and is the ultimate tool for prediction of SPL & T/S parameters including BL(x) and Xmax with complete winding data. FINEMotor is also the optimum simulation tool for designing the magnet system, voice coil and spider for woofers, domes, telephone-receivers, headphones etc.
Precise and Fast
When SEAS was designing a new product line and used FINEMotor for the first time, the result was right on target and saved them a lot of time. After this first attempt SEAS now works with FINEMotor for all new motor systems.
You don't need to know a lot about drivers to be able to use FINEMotor. This is a tool not only for engineers, but also for technicians.
With the latest version of FINEMotor you can add your own magnets and wires to the database, which already has a lot of standard Chinese materials to choose from.
- Designs Woofers, Midranges, Tweeters, Headphone drivers, Micro Speakers etc.
- Accurate Prediction of SPL, T/S parameters and winding data.
- All VC solutions are calculated using all available wires and shown as a curve
- Accurate predictions of VC winding width, DCR, N, VCOD, VC mass etc.
- Accurate predictions of BL(x) curves: +/- Xmax defined as 82% BLmax (Klippel)
- FINEMotor is instant with 36,000 stored Magnetic Finite Element calculations
- Wire stretch is calculated
- Round and Flat/Edge wound Voice Coils
- Copper, Aluminium and Copper Clad Voice Coils
- Standard Chinese Ferrite and Neodymium magnet grades available
- Magnet grades and -sizes can be user modified
- Wire diameters can be user modified for both round and flat wires
- Automatic compensations of magnetic air gap for multi-layer Voice Coils
- Twin Voice Coils can be designed as 1+1, 2+2, 4+4 layers etc.
- Qms is estimated by including Paper, Kapton, Nomex or Aluminium VC former
- Fs is calculated from Cone Fo and Spider deflection/resonance/flexibility
- Magnetic saturation is calculated in Pole, Top Plate and Back Plate
- Magnetic loss from steel frame is included
- Voice Coil can be offset up/down
- Motor can be optimized with pole extension, undercut and extension undercut
- Outside Ferrite and inside Neodymium motors with top and rear magnets
- Voice Coils can be calculated as 1 layer, 2 layers etc. up to 10 layers
- Motor design can include Ferrofluid for damping and cooling
- Attach flux profiles from other FEA software
- Input data and parameters with extra precision for Micro Speakers
- Rectangular Voice Coils and Magnet Systems can be calculated